Liability & Property

Although general liability insurance is essential for businesses—especially as part of a comprehensive business owners package—it may not always provide sufficient protection. Different businesses face different risks, and layering additional lines of property and liability coverage can safeguard your company, providing the peace of mind you need.

Excess liability – Consider supplementing your commercial general liability (CGL) coverage with excess liability insurance. This type of coverage provides protection that goes above and beyond the limitations of your CGL policy. Should a liability claim max out the limitations of your CGL policy, excess liability insurance covers the rest, ensuring you’ll never pay out of pocket if found liable for bodily injury or property damage.

Errors and omissions – Mistakes happen, and professional service providers, such as doctors, lawyers and accountants, can be held legally responsible for errors in judgment or failure to perform the services they are trained to deliver. Errors and omissions coverage—also known as malpractice insurance—protects against claims of negligence.

Product liability – Businesses are legally responsible for the goods they produce. Should a defective product cause harm to a consumer, product liability insurance protects business owners from the potentially significant losses that arise from a claim or lawsuit.

Commercial property – Loss due to liability claims is not the only exposure facing business owners. All businesses, no matter how big or small, rely on property to operate. Commercial property coverage not only includes the building in which your business operates, but also your business’s signage, fixtures, furniture, equipment, machinery and electronics. Commercial property insurance reimburses you for damage or destroyed property so your company can continue to operate smoothly.

To learn more about the types of liability and property protection that your business needs, contact Bebis Insurance Services, Inc. at 508-947-5800 or fill out the form on this page.